Okay I have to say I love the price line negotiator! For Danton's Fall break we went to Kansas City and Liberty. We were able to get this cool two room suite for $90 including the taxes and fees. It was really nice to be able to put Lily down and not have to go to sleep at the same time. I have to say it was super cool! Plus the hotel had a swimming pool that Lily loved. It was her first time in a real swimming pool and not a water park. But Lily learned to hold her breath and go under water. I figured that was a good start for her first time.
In Kansas City we went to a place called the Crown Center. It is like a specialty mall. They have a expensive but neat toy story. The Crayola Store which Lily loved because they have areas where the children can just go and color. So, while I walked around and shopped Lily and Danton had a ball coloring. I have to say Crayola has some pretty cool stuff. For Lunch we went to a train themed shop. It was really fun! They have a train that drops your food off! You just order what you want over a phone at your booth and then just wait for the train.
Now on to Liberty Jail. I never knew that this jail is inside another building. Which turned out nice since it was raining. Also, I never realised how long Joseph and the brethren were in the jail. Or how cold this jail truly was. To give you a idea, the man who bought the jail when they no longer needed it used the basement as an ice house! So, the place where these men were held prisoner was cold enough so ice would not melt. Anyway the picture above is the upper level where the guards would be. Which apparently the guards were in away prisoner also because there is no door knob to get out. They could not get out until someone on the outside let them out.
This is the holding area and the floor is the original as are the bars on the window. Joseph is the one writing and Hyrum is the one standing I don't remember the rest sorry. I'm sure Danton would but I'm just going to post this anyway. :)
This place was really amazing to visit. Before we went in to see the jail they took us to read some signs and talk a bit about it first. Danton and I found it amazing that one of the brethren said that while Joseph was there this place felt like the Temple. This place to me sounded like it would be unbearable. They lived in an ice house for five months! They were almost always sick! Yet they said it felt like the Temple with Joseph. What a gift that would be to feel the peace of the temple while you were being held here. I cannot even begin to describe the humility this brought to me. I am just so grateful that I know that my Father in Heaven knows me and loves me and would do anything for us to help us carry our trials if we but ask it of Him.
2 comments:
So fun! It's always nice to find a good deal :) We really need to see you guys again...
I haven't been to the jail in several years. It's great to go visit.
WE need to see you guys again too. :)
Post a Comment