Friday, May 29, 2009

Camping in the city!?!?

I have decided that the best way to describe living in Omaha would be to say it is like camping. Trees surround us, there are tics, tons of mosquito's, snakes, deer, raccoons, rabbits, skunks, wild turkey(which one was outside my back door the other day) and gophers! Now this is just around my house! All of these critters are living among the 400,000+ people who live here in Omaha. So, what would you say the best way to describe Omaha was? I thought my Camping in the City was a good description. In all honesty even living out in the country in Idaho I do not see that many animals by my moms house! But just as it is with camping, it is pretty here by my new house with all of the trees and stuff. They also have some really neat looking old building around the area. But that is the best way I can describe my surround areas right now. I have yet to really go into town. But if any of you ever come to Omaha watch out for deer on the road! :)

3 comments:

Chelsi said...

Sounds like fun! Take lots of pics and keep us updated. Hear you both are looking pretty good these days.... :)

Sarah said...

Yeah, when we moved back to MO last year we knew were were back when we started seeing road kill again. Critters everywhere. you forgot, opossums, squirrels, armadillos, and chiggers.

twinduff said...

That's crazy! Is it legal to shoot them?